A bachelorette party (or hen do as we like to say here in the UK) is a fun and exciting opportunity to celebrate your upcoming nuptials with your best gals and female relatives. Whether you are stateside, or pulling out all the stops and considering celebrating stateside, then a bachelorette party in San Diego could be for you! Being one of America’s finest Cities, San Diego has many unique and fun opportunities to celebrate tying the knot with your squad and this city has something for everyone; from fun outdoor activities to swanky party scenes.
Not sure where to begin? Then these party suggestions (which would also be grand for any vacay too) are sure to help make your bridal party almost as fabulous as your wedding day. And, if you are not close to San Diego, then they are sure to inspire you with similar ideas closer to home to ensure you have a wonderful and memorable hen do/bacherlorette party.
Planning Your Bridal Party
Setting up another mini-event while planning your actual wedding may seem daunting, however this party is just for you and your squad. Consider how many people you have in your party, their budgets, and if travel is part of your bridal party vision. Luckily, you shouldn’t have to worry about the weather because SoCal is beautiful all year round.
If you live in San Diego, you are lucky to have many options available in your hometown, such as a private sunset cruise San Diego or a spa day in La Jolla. Parties coming for a girl’s weekend from out of town may prefer to stay in the Gaslamp District to take advantage of shopping, dining, and nightlife, or stay at one of the beaches to learn to surf and relax on the sand (which sounds lush to me).
What To Do and Where To Go in San Diego
Once you decide your party goals and activities, it’s time to narrow down your choices. With so much available in this gem of a coastal city, you may have a hard time planning your itinerary. Here are some of the many things to do that may be perfect for your bridal party, or even for a romantic break or family holiday – especially if you want a one-of-a-kind experience:
• Go whale watching. San Diego whale watching season means you can see blue, gray, and humpback whales at different times throughout the year.
• Become a beach bum. Stay on Coronado Island or Pacific Beach for a full-on beach vacay with paddleboarding, biking, surfing, and swimming. Balance the busy days with relaxing evenings around a bonfire or sipping cocktails by the pool.
• Seek some serious thrills. Take a hot air balloon ride over Del Mar, go paragliding at Torrey Pines, channel your inner fighter Top Gun with a fighter pilot aviation experience, or ride the coasters at SeaWorld and Belmont Park.
• Eat like a local. San Diego is known for its fish tacos, fresh seafood, Korean BBQ, California-style burritos, and avocado toast. You and your gals can traverse the city in search of the best restaurants and bars.
• Soak up some culture. Make time for some of the many museums at Balboa Park, visit Old Town for an up-close look at the city’s history, and stroll through the galleries in La Jolla.
• See a sunset. What better way to make memories with your bridal party than by popping a bottle of bubbly at the top of Sunset Cliffs or aboard a private sailboat charter with Next Level Sailing San Diego?
Whether you are in San Diego for a quick overnight or a long weekend, you and your bridal party (of family if it’s a holiday) are in for a treat. No matter what you plan for your bridal party get-together, you are sure to have a great time doing something special with your pals.