WOAH – I have been going a little nuts the last couple of days as I was very excited to receive a nomination from Jess over at Mummys Crochet World for the liebster Award – I have seen this on a few other blogs and floating on the twitter-sphere but now its my turn I get to see what its all about! Thanks so much Jess, I have enjoyed reading yours and others that were linked and now to share some random facts about myself and answer a few more specific questions you have asked myself and some fellow bloggers! I love to link up with other bloggers and see a little more into their lives and hope mine too brings interest.
The rules are :
Post the award on your blog (like so)
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog (done above)
Write 11 random facts about yourself
1. I hate being woken up
2. I can’t go out without make up (though occasionally I do and whine about it the whole time)
3. I have 3 sisters, Nath has 6 and 4 brothers – together our kids have a tonne of amazing aunts and uncles
4. When I drive without kids I crank up the tunes and pretend im a “girl racer”
5. I love bright coloured things – they make me happy
6. My guilty pleasures are Keeping up with the Kardashians and Mr selfridges
7. We eat mainly veggie for no other reason than its healthy and cheap
8. Im a Mormon
9. Nearly every course I’ve started I haven’t finished – I still can’t figure out what I want to do when I grow up!
10. My husband is my bestie
11. One day we want to build a pimped up log cabin to live in
Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and have less than 200 followers (where possible!)
1. Mothering Caroline Grace
2. Castle Avenue Blog
4. haus frau blog
5. Hysterically ever after
6. Pyjama school
8. Diary of a home Ed family
9. Home Ed with the Gibsons
10. Inside out and about
11. Gemma the family girl
A couple of my nominees deffs break the ” 200 followers barrier” But I love their blogs and feel them deserving as they have inspired me in my blogging so far!
And finally answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees a set of new 11 questions
Questions I was asked by Jess:
1. Do you have any kids? If so how many?
Yes I do – I have had 3 children; Ethan 4, Megan 2 and Poppy who was born sleeping last September
2. What is your creative talent?
My husband says probably scrapbooking (though not done any in ages) Id like to think im pretty good at cooking though
3. What is your Favourite Disney film?
Definitely “The Lion King”
4. Beach or forest?
Beach all the way – I love the sea, the smell, I love to walk in the sand and love the noises of the waves and seagulls
5. Where are you from?
I was born in West Yorkshire, spent about 6 years in Essex and then most of my teens/early 20s in East Yorkshire.. I now reside in Leeds, West Yorkshire
6. If you had to do one, which would you do? Snowboarding, surfing or Parachuting out of a plane?
I have always wanted to go snowboarding so I will go with that
7. What is your Favourite food?
I think at the moment its Pizza – I am strictly clean eating and its thing I miss the most and a real comfort food 🙂
8. Why did you get in to blogging?
I started blogging to keep people updated with out 3rd babies illness. At 20 weeks she was diagnosed with severe congenital heart disease which would require immediate surgery. As you can understand this was a lot to take in and talk about and I found by writing it down it helped me not to have to repeat myself and also raise awareness. I then set out to share the reality of life with this diagnosis and how we still try to enjoy it.
9. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
Catch up on some sleep, have some pampering and go to the theatre!
10. Eat out, or takeaway?
Initially I though “Eat out” but honestly I think i’d choose takeaway, that way I can chill in my joggers, with a film and not have to keep telling someone that “yes everything is okay thanks” !
11. How did you choose your blog name?
“The hearty life” came about because her problems were initially all heart related and that became out life yet we also wanted life to continue in a joyful way and have fun despite these hard things – hence we sought a hearty life amid hearty problems.
And finally 11 questions I’d like my nominees to answer:
1. What was the last thing you bought for yourself?
2. If you could live in any Era which would you choose and Why?
3. What is your signature dish?
4. Where would you most like to live in the world?
5. How long have you been blogging?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
8. What is your current ringtone?
9. What makes you smile?
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 yrs?
11. Do you prefer to text or call?